Inhyeok “Daniel” Song
Daniel is a partner of OhKims Law and is one of the nation’s leading specialists in wills, estates, trusts, and wealth management. He provides full range services for clients to manage inheritance or estate planning. Daniel also has expertise in preventing and solving inheritance or property disputes utilizing his innovative mediation process. Daniel has litigated several cases related to inheritance, property disputes, and international inheritance issues.
2019 Ohkims Law & Company
2018 Ohkims Law Firm2016 Sae-Woong Law Firm (Managing Partner)
2015 Korea University Law School (J.D.)
2009 Korea University (B.A. in Law)
- Successfully brought a case recognizing a wife’s inheritance portion fully at 40%.
Advised on share value claim of electronics company.
- Devised a family succession plan for a family real estate business.
- Successfully defended a wife against claims of alimony by husband.
- Successfully had daughter appointed sole guardian of parent despite opposite from sibling.
- Successfully defended lawsuit by heirs for return of money by third party who received all assets in inheritance.
- Advised on division of land subject to compensation for acceptance.
Advisor to client seeking to exercise inheritance rights in shares of an association
Assisted client in receiving proportionate share in compensation for land.
- Successfully argued before the Supreme Court to change the law to allow the parentage of a child be established despite a breakdown in the marriage and severance of the parent-child relationship.
- Successfully secured the transfer of ownership of assets to ex-wife from title trust.
Advised in case where guardian sold real estate and provided collateral in transactions.
- Successfully defended a will as valid despite five mistakes in the will.
- Advised on disposal and sale of corporation’s assets.
- Successfully represented debtor in family court for revocation of inheritance.
- Successfully revoked marriage certificate that was originally issued in 1965.
- What You Need to Know when Inheriting or Donating Bitcoin (Decenter)
- Cryptocurrency and Inheritance (Nanuri Medical Foundation)
- Opening Fund Formation Through Donations and Tax Relations (Im Doctor Seminar)
- Inheritance Classification as of 2018 (Co-Authoring)
2015 Korean Bar Admission (4th Korean Attorney Examination)
Korean (Native), English (Fluent)